Web Privacy Statement
La Marquise and Katris Hellenic Touristic Enterprises S.A. (hereinafter “The Company“ or “Our Company” or “We” or “Our”), we are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal data, respecting your privacy and adhering to the principles of applicable Greek data protection and privacy laws.
We have provided this Privacy Statement as an explanation of the information we collect, how we use it, and how the use of this information can benefit your experience on our premises and your digital experience on our websites.
Please take a moment to read the sections below in order to make informed decisions.
Collection of Personal Data
Our Company collects personal data about our guests and visitors through different collection channels such as our website, our Mobile Application, social media and of course onsite at our premises, so that we can provide an experience that is responsive to our guests’ and visitors’ needs. We endeavor to collect your personal data only with your knowledge and with your permission, if necessary.
“Personal Data” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual. Throughout your experience with us, we collect Personal Data in accordance with law, such as:
- Identity Data, e.g. name, surname, passport, visa or other government-issued identification data, tax number, membership or loyalty program data
- Demographic Data: place and date of birth, gender, nationality, language preference
- Contact Data, e.g. home or work postal address, work and personal e-mail address, telephone (Home/ Work/mobile) and fax numbers
- Family Data: data about family members and companions, such as names and ages of children
- Financial and Travel Data: Credit and debit card number or other payment data, Financial information in limited circumstances, Travel itinerary, tour group or activity data
- Social Media Data: social media account ID, profile photo and other data publicly available, or data made available by linking your social media
- Lifestyle Data: Guest preferences and personalized data, such as prior guest stays or interactions, goods and services purchased, your interests, activities, hobbies, food and beverage choices, services and amenities of which you advise us or which we learn about during your visit
- Health Data, e.g. as required for participation in certain activities, use of services and special service and amenity requests
How we collect Personal Data
Our Company collects personal information you provide, through multiple communication channels, such as:
- Data collection in our premises: We may collect personal data during your stay in our premises by asking you to fill in certain documents/forms in relation to your overall accommodation, check-in, concierge services, restaurants, spa treatments, activities (e.g. golf/ fitness activities), child care services and equipment rental. We also collect Personal Data when you make a reservation over the phone, communicate with us by email, fax or via online chat services or contact customer service. These communications may be recorded for purposes of quality assurance and training.
- Online Services/Website: We collect Personal Data when you communicate with us through our website, or otherwise connect with us or post to social media pages, or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey, contest or promotional offer.
- Surveys and questionnaires: We may also collect further demographic data or other personal information via surveys and questionnaires.
- Through our Mobile Application, we collect personal data that you may provide by downloading and registering to our Application. Registration with us is optional. However, if you don’t register with us you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the Application. When you register with us and use the
Application, you generally provide:
(a) your name, last name, email address, user name, password and other registration information;
(b) transaction-related information, such as for when you make reservations;
(c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
- Events: Whether you plan an event with us or you just attend one as a guest, we may collect your personal data about the theme and date of the event, statistics and other personal information of guests attending the event. We may share personal information about you with event planners or third-party service providers or vice versa.
- Third Parties: We may also collect information about you from third parties (such as airline companies, travel agents, real estate agents, and other business partners), as well as from other sources that share your data with us pursuant to legal or contractual obligations. We may also further use and share this information for the same purposes.
Special Categories of Personal Data – Sensitive Personal Data
The notion of “special categories of personal data” or “sensitive personal data” refers to personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. We do not collect sensitive personal data, unless you provide us them as required for participation in certain activities, use of services and special service and amenity requests, along with an explicit consent for every related purpose of processing.
Purpose for collection, processing, and disclosure
We ask for your personal data only to the extent that we need it or intend to use it for the following purposes:
We use Personal Data to provide services you request, based on our contractual relationship and our legal obligations, including but not limited to facilitate reservations, payment, send administrative information, confirmations or pre-arrival messages, to assist you with meetings and events and to provide you with other information about the area and the property at which you are scheduled to visit
To complete your reservation and stay, for example, to process your payment, ensure that your room is available and provide you with related customer service
For marketing and communication purposes in relation to our products and services, our strategic marketing partners, and other trusted third parties based on your consent. In this case you may receive tailor made offers & benefits, invitations to events, newsletters and optional participation in surveys, based on your preferences and your interests.
Performing market research via surveys to better serve your needs and improve your experience at our premises, improve the efficiency of our websites and our various means of communications, facilitate our advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities, based on our legitimate business interest.
Regarding the 3 & 4 purpose above, you are entitled to withdraw any time your consent or/and to object to such processing of your personal data, without any negative consequence for you.
Regarding the 1 & 2 purpose above, all the information’s are needed for your reservation and or your stay to our hotel, and we will keep the personal data at least for five years. We therefore inform you that the provision of such data is mandatory, and your refusal to respond will result in us being unable complete your reservation and or to host you in our hotel.
Transfer of data
We may use your personal information for further processing purposes, as set forth below in more detail.
In most cases, the information you provide us is added to a local database.
In the course of processing your information, it may be necessary to transfer your personal data to our affiliates and/or third-party service providers, located in Greece and throughout the world, for the purposes outlined within this Privacy Statement.
In general, We does not sell, rent, or give physical possession of your personal data to third party persons non involved to your reservation or stay to our Hotel.
Situations in which We may disclose your information to others may include but not limited to,
when sharing or disclosing your information is required, in order to offer you products or services,
when third parties or service providers acting on our / and or your behalf and require such information for any legal reason,
when necessary in order to comply with contractual obligations
when we must comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations, in accordance with applicable law or court order or any other order by state authorities and services.
In case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual.
Unless otherwise precluded by legal requirements, we require third parties to protect your personal data and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
As part of our commitment to keep you informed, and upon obtaining your consent, we may mail, e-mail, telephone, text (SMS or MMS) or contact you by any other means to notify you of products and services, or upcoming special offers, events, or other relevant information that may be of interest to you.
In case of “special categories of personal data” – sensitive personal data, as afore described, we make sure to obtain in advance explicit consent (opt in) before any processing of them.
Cookies are designed to save you time because they help us to provide you with a customized experience without you having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our web-pages. Cookies are not designed to damage your files, nor can they read information from other files on your computer hard drive.
Cookies can also help us provide you with a personalized on-line experience in the following ways:
- they remember your user name and password for future visits so log-in is easier and faster
- they ensure you are provided with the appropriate frames and content
- • they ensure you obtain all requested information
- • they help us deliver communications that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location
Cookies might follow you when traveling on the Internet after leaving our website. We track the usage of our website in order to better meet your needs and to help make it easier for you to find information in the future.
Please note that in addition to Our Company cookies, various third parties may also place cookies on your computer's hard drive as you navigate throughout other webpages on the web. Our Company is not responsible for the presence or absence of third party cookies, or for the technological capabilities or practices employed by third parties in connection with third party cookies.
If you would prefer not to have the benefits of cookies, your Internet browser can be adjusted to treat cookies in different ways. Depending upon the type of browser you are using, you may be able to configure your browser so that:
you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis or
(ii) you may be able to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of your web browser for specific details about cookie security. However, you should also understand that rejecting cookies might affect your ability to perform certain transactions on our websites and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
Our Company also uses invisible pixels, sometimes called web beacons, to count how many people visit certain web pages. Information collected from invisible pixels is used and reported in the aggregate and does not contain personal data - We may use this information to improve marketing programs and content.
Links to other websites
In order to anticipate your needs, Our website provides links to other websites for your convenience and information. We are not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained on any independent website, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices.
Please note that while Our Company will protect your information on owned and operated websites, Our Company cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of any third party websites, including websites owned or controlled by operators, third party owners of hotel, resort, interval ownership, or residence properties that may use the name of La Marquise and, or websites not controlled or authorized by Our Company.
Third party websites that are accessed through links on our website have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures.
Please note that the online booking process is managed by a third party through their websites. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their websites.
We encourage you to contact them to ask questions about their privacy practices, policies and security measures before disclosing any personal data.
We recommend that you review the privacy policies of linked websites to understand how those websites collect, use and store information.
Our Company does not seek to obtain nor does it wish to receive personal data directly from minors without their parental or legal guardian’s consent; however, we cannot always determine the age of persons who access and use our websites. If a minor (as defined by applicable law) provides us with his/her data without parental or guardian consent, we will not proceed with any data processing, unless the parent or guardian contact us having this information removed.
Under the current privacy protection legislation, you have the following rights:
You may ask to know if your personal data is being collected and to what extent
You may request a copy thereof
You may request that this data be corrected or completed if you believe it is
incorrect or incomplete
You may request that your personal data be deleted.
You may object to any of the processing purposes or you may request that their processing be limited;
In all the above cases, Our Company respond in writing within 30 days of receipt and identification of the request.
In your request that your persona l data be deleted, Our Company will delete them unless it decides to retain them for one of the legitimate reasons under which it is entitled to refuse your request.
In the event of exercising one or more of the above-mentioned rights of correction, deletion and restriction of your data, these requests shall also be forwarded to any third-party recipient to whom the personal information may have been disclosed in the scope of pursuance of the afore-mentioned processing purposes.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Our Company have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO), whom you may contact at:
In case you consider your personal data affected in any way, you may contact the Greek national Data Protection Authority, as follows:
We have already applied the necessary technical and organizational measures and if needed we are willing to take any further reasonable measure to,
protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and
(ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date, as appropriate. All TEMES S.A. owned websites and servers have security measures in place to help protect your personal data against loss, misuse, and alteration while under our control. Although "guaranteed security" does not exist either on or off the Internet, we safeguard your information using both procedural and technical safeguards, including password controls and "firewalls".
Please, notice that We will never contact you by mobile or email to ask for your confidential personal data or payment card details.
Retention Period of Personal Data
Your personal data are retained for a predetermined and limited period depending on the purpose of processing, after the end of which, these personal data are being deleted from our files unless another retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Updates to the Privacy Statement
Updated versions will be posted to our website and date stamped so that you are always aware of when the Privacy Statement was last updated.
Last date of revised 17/04/2019
Enjoy your 2023 Holidays
Book Now and save with our Early Booking Rates
By joining La Marquise Club
an extra discount is applying all season long.
All room types
Stay Period: 01/04/2023 - 31/10/2023
Booking Dates: 01/09/2022 - 31/12/2022
Additionally, if you register as a member you will get access to exclusive rates.
Membership is made without any charge or commitment. Offer is valid for a limited number of rooms.
Room Types: Applies to all room types
Limited time offer valid for arrivals between 01/04/2023 to 30/04/2023
* Complimentary one way Airport Transfer (only valid with a minimum stay of 3 nights. You will also need to provide us with your full flight details)
* 30 min massage per person (applicable only for adults)
* Late check out till departure time